Privacy – The Design School collects and stores information from this form to:
- Manage the business of The Design School (including internal reporting, administrative processes.
- Comply with the requirements of the Education Act 1989 and other legislation relating to maintenance of records and accountability for public funding.
- Supply information to government agencies and other organisations as set out below.
In signing this enrolment form you authorise such disclosure on the understanding that The Design School will observe the conditions governing the release of information, as set out in the Privacy Act 1993, the Education Act 1989 and other relevant legislation. You may see any information held about you and amend any errors in that information. To do so, contact the Head of School.
NB: The Privacy Act came into force on 1 July 1993 with the stated aim of protecting the privacy of natural persons. It requires The Design School to collect, hold, handle, use and disclose personal information in accordance with the twelve information privacy principles in the Act which can be viewed on the Privacy Commissioner’s web site: http://www.privacy.org.nz.
Supply of Information to Government Agencies and Other Organisations
The Design School supplies data collected on this form to government agencies, including:
• The Ministry of Education.
• The New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
• The Tertiary Education Commission.
• The Ministry of Social Development (in relation to student loans and allowances) and Inland Revenue (student loans).
• Immigration New Zealand and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (for those who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents).
• Agencies who support particular students through scholarships, payment of fees or other awards (if you are a recipient of one of these awards).
Those agencies use the data collected from tertiary education organisations to:
• Administer the tertiary education system, including allocating funding.
• Develop policy advice for government.
• Conduct statistical analysis and research.
Your personal details (name, date of birth and residency) as entered on this form will be included in the National Student Index, if not already registered, and may be used in an authorised information matching programme with the New Zealand Birth Register.
The government agencies above may supply data collected on this form to Statistics New Zealand for the purposes of integrating data with data collected by other government agencies, subject to the provisions of the Statistics Act 1975. Integrated data is used for the production of official statistics, to inform policy advice to government and for research purposes.
In handling data supplied by you on this form, the government agencies are required to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993.
When required by law, The Design School releases information to government agencies such as the New Zealand Police, Department of Justice, Ministry of Social Development, and the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC).
Information collected on this form may be supplied to other educational organisations for the purpose of verifying academic records.
In signing this enrolment form you authorise such disclosure on the understanding that The Design School will observe the conditions governing the release of information, as set out in the Privacy Act 1993, the Education Act 1989 and other relevant legislation.
You may request to see any information held about you and request that any errors in that information be amended or noted. To do so, contact a staff member.